Thursday, March 4, 2010

Stir-Fried Asparagus

Posted by Lori:
Recently my cousin-in-law, Alyssa, (check it out @ Keeping the Kingdom First) posted about how one of her daughters likes asparagus. I'm ashamed to say it, but until a few days ago, I had NEVER eaten it fresh, but only from the can....and only once. (Terrible, I know!) The canned tastes okay, but I didn't like the mushy part, so haven't ever made it for my own family.

I decided to try making Stir-Fried Asparagus and now I'm a HUGE fan and will make it a regular side dish in our dinners from now on. Here was our families' asparagus rating: Hubby - YEA; Me - YEA; Daughter - Absent from meal (ate Taco Bell with school group); Oldest Son - YEA; Middle Son - NAY; Youngest Son - NAY. The "YEAS" win - YEA!
STIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS
1 bunch asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt

Wash asparagus.  Cut spears in diagonals, 'cause it's prettier that way :). In medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat (not too hot).  Stir asparagus to coat in oil.  Allow it to cook a few minutes, stiring frequently.  I cooked ours about 6-7 minutes to get it crisp-tender.



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

it's awesome grilled, too!

bailey said...

I love asparagus, thanks for the recipe. I just posted a recipe for cream of asparagus soup on my blog the other day

Anonymous said...

Try it roasted with olive oil and salt until just fork tender. The browned bits are really tasty.

Andrea in Calif

 
Pin It button on image hover