Monday, March 15, 2010

Graham Cracker Treats

Posted by Donna:

One of my fondest childhood memories, as far as food goes, was when my mother made these treats. I'm not sure who invented them, but I loved them. Three of our grandchildren are here visiting this week; so, I haven't had a lot of time trying to decide what to post. I wasn't too sure anything would get done for today. For some reason, though, when I awoke this morning, these treats came to mind.

Graham Cracker Treats


1 box Graham Crackers
1 recipe buttercream frosting
1 recipe of your favorite homemade chocolate frosting


You can either keep the graham crackers in squares or break the squares into halves. Spread the frosting between two crackers. The longer the crackers set with the icing between them, the softer they become.

To the younger ones, ask your grandparents or great-grandparents about these special treats. I'm sure they'll remember them quite well.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

This is a stand-by for me when there aren't any sweets in the house. But I usually use Betty Crocker frosting!

Anonymous said...

This is good isn't it. I have done this for my kids but not with 2 frostings..most flavors work but we have also done this with Nutella also.. :)

 
Pin It button on image hover