Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Orange Julius

Posted by Lori:
As a teenager my friends and I used to enjoy going to the mall in Oklahoma City and getting an Orange Julius. I guess they were a new thing back then, and since none of us went to Oklahoma City often, it was a special treat.

This recipe is from our Nell family cookbook, but until now I'd never made it. Yesterday I mixed up a double portion for my kids' afternoon snack. It was great! Our daughter was gone after school, so we froze her portion. She ate it today and it was good frozen, too....just needs to thaw a little bit so it's not too hard.

Besides the little bit of added sugar, this makes a great breakfast drink, especially for those who typically like to drink milk. This amount will serve 2 - 3 people.

ORANGE JULIUS
1 - 6 ounce can frozen orange juice
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ice cubes

Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover