Thursday, March 25, 2010

7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars

Posted by Lori:

This is an Eagle Brand recipe that most likely you've seen or maybe even made yourself. I've eaten them, but don't recall ever making them.

I need something quick and easy for an event this weekend. I think this recipe will be perfect! Instead of 1 cup chocolate chips/1 cup butterscotch chips, I'll use 2 cups of the chocolate. I think I would prefer it that way myself, but also that's what I have in my pantry.

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 - 14 ounce can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup (6 ounce pkg.) butterscotch-flavored chips
1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.

For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up by edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual bars. Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Mrs. Johnson said...

These are SO good! I love them.

Lori said...

Yeah, it's too bad I'm not even going to be at the event I'm taking them to. Maybe I can cut a tiny piece before I leave :).

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I absolutely love these too...for some reason my mother always called them "Hello Dollies" so I'll have to stick with that name!

Anonymous said...

My kids love when I make them..

Erika

 
Pin It button on image hover