Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mexican Hot Dog

Posted by Lori:
My husband and boys enjoy watching "Man vs. Food" on Food Network. Tonight I happened to be close by while they were watching it and heard an interesting "recipe" for Mexican Hot Dogs. It comes from a restaurant in Sonora, Arizona, I think they said. They sound good even though I don't like hot dogs! I think the rest of my family would like them so plan to make them soon.

MEXICAN HOT DOG
This is for one:
1 weiner, uncooked
1 slice of bacon
1 hot dog bun (they were using homemade - bakeries sell homemade-type buns)
Butter
Pinto beans, heated
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped onions
Jalapeno sauce
Mayonnaise
Mustard

Wrap bacon around uncooked weiner. Fry in small amount of butter in small skillet, until desired doneness is achieved. Open hot dog bun and layer pinto beans, tomatoes, onions (I would grill the onions in the butter when cooking the weiner), bacon-wrapped weiner. Top with mustard, mayo, and jalapeno sauce.

So, what do you think? Does it sound good to you?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover