Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sibyl's Mexican Dish

Posted by Donna:
I grew up eating this mexican casserole. I still like it---it's quick and easy to assemble; but very good as well. Mexican food is probably my husband's favorite food. When we go out to eat, we take turns choosing where to go. I always choose Olive Garden or Cracker Barrel, and he always chooses Mexican food. Right now, I owe him two visits to a Mexican Restaurant---unless I connive and fix this at home a couple of times---then I could "have my way" when we go out to eat again. That sounds like a great idea to me!!!!!

Mexican Dish

2 lbs. hamburger meat

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can mushroom soup

1 can mild enchilada soup

1 can chopped green chilies (mild)

1 small onion (chopped)

1-1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger and onions. Add all other ingredients. Simmer until well heated and pour over crushed or broken pieces of average size pkg. of doritos. Put grated cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.

I really do like Mexican Food, but I'm very picky about it. I don't like it greasy or too spicy. I've gotten to where I prefer to make it and eat it at home. Two of my favorites were Casa Bonita in Oklahoma City and Zapata's in Lawton. Of course, they've gone by the wayside and no longer exist. I'm still searching for a "favorite."
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover