Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oven Meatballs

Posted by Donna:

This recipe was given to me by a friend from our congregation several years ago. I haven't fixed it in quite a while. I know Larry wishes I would fix it more often because he really liked it.

1-1/2 lbs. ground meat (super lean)

3 T. chopped onion

2 T. chopped green pepper

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. salt

1 cup milk

1/2 cup regular rice

Mix this together and form the meatballs. Place the meatballs in a casserole dish that has a lid.

Sauce:

1 cup ketchup

3 T. wine vinegar

2 T. sugar

1 cup water

Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cook the meatballs, covered , about 1-1/2 hours in a 350 degree oven. The sauce will thicken a little.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

This sounds wonderful, and so easy even I can make it. I will try it out the next time we have spaghetti, thank you!

 
Pin It button on image hover