Friday, October 23, 2009

Cinnamon Roll Pizza

Posted by Lori:
I've mentioned before that our usual Sunday morning before church breakfast is cinnamon rolls...most of the time out of a can. When I have the time, I occassionally make the YUMMY cinnamon rolls I posted on here earlier, but  a few weeks ago, I didn't have the time or ingredients to do those. However, I did have canned crescent rolls and I happened to think of this particular recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pizza. A friend sent me this recipe several years ago to be included in a camp cookbook I was helping put together. It's been a family favorite ever since.

Cinnamon Roll Pizza

2 packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 stick butter or margarine, sofened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll dough into rectangles and arrange on 15" round pizza pan or jelly roll pan (10 x 15 x 1). You may need to tear some of the dough to fit it into all of the gaps. Pinch seams together and flatten with fork. Spread on butter. Slightly roll edges to make a crust edge to keep the butter from running off. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on dough. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. Add vanilla to powdered sugar. Add milk to powdered sugar a little at a time until the icing reaches desired consistency. Drizzle over "pizza". Slice into 16 slices with pizza cutter.

I get tired of making the same breakfasts day after day so am always excited to find something new. Maybe you are, too. My kids enjoy this pizza a lot. Of course they are always happy when I let them get by on a breakfast that doesn't include 100% whole wheat (which doesn't happen too often)!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

good idea! Crescent rolls are so versatile!

 
Pin It button on image hover