Saturday, October 17, 2009

Easy Cinnamon Biscuits

Posted by Lori, but credit to Kimberly, too!
Several years ago, my kids and I were visiting Kimberly (my sister and "3rd Cherry Coke") and her family. She made Cinnamon Biscuits and we all thought they were great! Since that time, we've made them countless times. They're easy because they begin with canned biscuits.

Easy Cinnamon Biscuits

1 can of refrigerated biscuits
1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
(See glaze option below)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar until blended. Dip each biscuit in melted butter, then into cinnamon/sugar mixture until coated on all sides. (I leave off the butter at times. It doesn't coat the biscuits with the cinnamon/sugar, but it is still good.) Place on baking sheet or in dish and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

Last May our PTO was feeding breakfast to the school faculty. I was concerned there wouldn't be enough food, so quickly tried to think of easy breakfast dishes. I thought of these cinnamon biscuits, but wanted to do a little something "extra" with them. I cut each biscuit in half and rolled it in a ball before dipping in the cinnamon/sugar mixture (left off the butter). Then, after baking them, I drizzled them with a powdered sugar/milk/vanilla glaze. Everyone wanted to know what those little balls were! They were gone in no time!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover