Monday, October 26, 2009

Cornbread Dressing

Posted by Lori:
My family spends Thanksgiving with my husband's side of the family and Christmas with my side, so I never need to make dressing for those two occassions. However, usually in January, I become hungry for turkey and dressing again. After unsuccessfully attempting to duplicate family dressing recipes, I decided to find a dressing of my own. Something simple and easy.

I found this recipe on the internet about six years ago. I liked the sound of it because it used packaged cornbread mix. Jiffy Cornbread is my favorite. I also liked the fact that it had garlic powder and cream of chicken soup - two of my favorite ingredients.

Cornbread Dressing

4 packages of cornbread mix (baked per directions and crumbled)
(*Note: 4 packages of Jiffy Muffin Mix will bake in a 10 x 15 x 1 inch jelly roll pan)
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 cans chicken broth
1 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon sage
Dash of garlic

Mix all together in large bowl. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour dressing mixture into greased pan. Bake in 400 degree oven for 45 - 60 minutes or until lightly browned and moist in the middle.

I sometimes add the onion and celery to the cornbread when it first bakes. Also at times I have frozen half of the dressing in a smaller pan to cook at a later time....when the "turkey and dressing" cravings come again!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover