Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Bon-Bons

These bon-bons were the first candy I ever made after my husband and I got married. A church friend made them and I asked her to share the recipe. It appealed to me because of the peanut butter and chocolate combination - two favorites of mine, for sure!

1 pound margarine (4 sticks)
3 pounds powdered sugar
4 cups peanut butter
2 pkgs. chocolate chips
2 T. shortening

Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Leave in the saucepan or transfer to large bowl, then add powdered sugar, mixing well in between additions. Roll mixture into balls. Melt chocolate chips with shortening either over low heat on the stove top or in the microwave. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Dip balls into chocolate using toothpicks and place on waxed paper to cool. (To cover hole from toothpick, swirl chocolate after removing the toothpick.) After the chocolate hardens, store bon-bons in refrigerator in airtight container.

This makes A LOT. You may want to half the recipe....or send the extras to friends (or to me!).
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That recipe made me feel fat just reading it! :) It does sound very good though!

 
Pin It button on image hover