Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chicken Spinach Tortilla Pizzas

Posted by Kimberly

I had already planned to post this recipe before my sister did her "Oroweat Sandwich Thin Pizza", which, by the way, I thought was a great idea! I have my own healthy version of a pizza that is very easy and filling. The best part about it, though, is that I don't have any guilt about eating it!!!!


Chicken Spinach Tortilla Pizza

2-4 whole wheat or whole grain flour tortillas
jar spaghetti sauce
1-2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded (I boil and shred mine.)
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
salt, to taste
grated mozzarella cheese
grated Parmesan cheese

Pour approximately 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil into a pan. Add minced garlic being careful not to burn. Cook for a minute or two and then add thawed spinach and chicken. Cook until well-blended and warm. Add salt to taste. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place tortillas on cookie sheet and top with desired amount of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Next, add spinach and chicken mixture. (You decide how much you want on each pizza.) Top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake in a 450 degree oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned.

Of course, you could add any topping you like. In our family, my husband prefers his with chicken only, and my kids prefer theirs on a regular flour tortilla with mozzarella and cheddar.
Enjoy!!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover