Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pecan Pie Squares

Posted by Kimberly:

My son loves pecan pie, so for his school's Cookie Cook-Off this Friday, he is going to enter Pecan Pie Squares. I first made them for my holiday cookie swap last year and thought they were really good. Of course, Blake liked them because they are like a pecan pie, but my husband liked them too!

Pecan Pie Squares:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 taspoon vanilla
2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. For the crust, in a bowl mix the cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Measure out 2/3 cup of this mixture and reserve it for the topping. Pat the remaining mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, stir together the reserved crust mixture, the remaining 3 eggs, the corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans. Pour the mixture over partially baked crust. Increase the oven heat to 375 degrees and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake is set. Let cool, then cut into bars.

My family thought these were great! We'll see on Friday if the judges for the Cookie Cook-Off think so too!!!! :) Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That's cool that your son likes pecan pie! I think I was an adult before I even tried it!

 
Pin It button on image hover