Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snickers Salad


I'm calling this a salad, but I'm not sure it should be classified as one.  It should probably be a dessert - or at least that's what my family thinks!  I'm filing it under both categories.

Snickers Salad
1 -  3 ounce package vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 - 8 ounce carton Cool Whip
2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping (more as a garnish on top, if desired)
3 regular sized Snickers candy bars, chopped
2 apples, chopped (any variety - I use Fuji)

In medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk.  Add Cool Whip and caramel.  Stir in Snickers and apples.  Garnish with more caramel topping, if desired.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

You can easily make this lower fat and lower sugar by using the low fat or sugar free varieties of the Cool Whip and pudding.  However, I've never seen a Snickers bar that would fit in either of those categories :).
Pin It Now!
 
Pin It button on image hover