Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quick Buttermilk Biscuits

Posted by Donna:

I was reminded recently of this recipe I used to make. It's amazing how many recipes I've forgotten about---those that I used to make when the girls were still home. I revived it last week, and it's still a keeper. They (the biscuits) passed the "husband test" with flying colors---with and without the gravy on them. I know I posted another biscuit recipe early on in our blog; but, this is another option. My student teacher gave me this recipe while I was teaching at Eldorado. That's been many moons ago!!!!

4 cups flour

2 tsp. salt

6 tsp. baking powder

2 cups buttermilk

2 T. oil

Mix all the ingredients together. Roll out and bake at 475 degrees.

To think that I could have been making these for all these years!!!!!! I just hope other people have the same disease I do---the memory disease.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Keke said...

Just found your blog, absolutely girls after my own heart!!! XO Keke

Donna said...

Glad you stopped by-----we just pretty well stick with the basics---nothing fancy.

 
Pin It button on image hover