Monday, January 4, 2010

Corn Chip Salad

Posted by Kimberly:

I just made this for a side dish to serve with Mexican food at our New Year's Eve gathering that we had at our house last week. It is quick and easy to make and was a hit with our guests.

Corn Chip Salad:


1 small purple onion, chopped

1 small green pepper, chopped

1 cup real mayo

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

2 cups cheddar cheese

1 bag chili cheese Fritos
Mix first five ingredients together in a bowl. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. I really think mixing this up a few hours ahead of time makes a difference in the flavor. It really allows the ingredients to come together. Just before serving, add mixture to Fritos and mix well.

I recommend only mixing half of the Fritos with half of the mayo mixture at a time unless you know for certain that it all will be eaten. You can refrigerate any leftovers but the Fritos get soft and it isn't near as good as when they are crunchy.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

What's it like with regular fritos? I think the Chil-cheese ones are nasty! LOL

Lori said...

Kimberly may write you, but she served this when the kids and I were out there in August and it was soooo good. I had no idea they were the chili cheese ones. I don't like them by themselves either, but I guess mixed in you can't tell. Maybe the seasoning comes off and flavors the salad? Anyway, it's really good!

 
Pin It button on image hover