Thursday, January 7, 2010

7 Step Brisket

Posted by Donna:

I had this recipe for 3 or 4 years---then misplaced it----and my very, very sweet cousin gave it to me again a few months ago. I promised her I would take better care of it this time. Her husband said she made the best brisket he had ever eaten. She had four sons; so, I'm sure the five men in her household all approved of it since she continues to use this recipe. The only problem is that when she acquired the recipe there were no exact measurements; so you have to make it once, judging if the ingredients are just like you want them, or if you need to increase or decrease them. I've always liked to follow a recipe exactly as written the first time, then I can make my adjustments. I made the brisket today, and the one ingredient I know I need to increase is the liquid smoke---at my husband's request. I'm not a big beef eater---we don't get along very well. I try to season "beef" to Larry's liking since he loves it and would eat it every meal. It does have such a good flavor, and it's very, very tender. It basically falls apart when you try to carve it.

I used a 4 lb. brisket.

Liquid smoke
Kitchen Bouquet
Seasoned salt
Seasoned pepper
Accent
Adolph's meat tenderizer
Garlic powder

Rub the Liquid Smoke and Kitchen Bouquet on both sides of the brisket. Sprinkle both sides with the five remaining ingredients. Wrap the brisket completely in foil. Put in the refrigerator to marinate overnight. The next morning, take the brisket out of the foil and place in a 9 x 13 pan. Cover the pan with foil. Bake at 225 degrees for 8 to 10 hours. I put mine on at 8:00 this morning and took it out at 5:30. This is a very simple recipe and well worth the time to make.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover