Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

Posted by Donna:

This is a recipe I used to fix quite often. I misplaced the recipe, as I do quite often. I had forgotten that I had put it in our Nell Family Cookbook; so, I'm anxious to try it again. It was always one of my favorites.

3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can Carnation evaporated milk

1/2 cup chopped white onion

1 small can green chilies

2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese

corn tortillas

Cook all ingredients until cheese melts. In a casserole dish, layer corn tortillas and chicken mixture, ending with mixture. Top with extra Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbly hot.

I have no idea where I got this recipe---some 40 years ago. It has such a good taste.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover