Sunday, July 25, 2010

Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad

Posted by Lori:
Saturday my daughter and I had the privilege of attending a Ladies' Day Tea in Durant, Oklahoma. The decorations were beautiful and the food was delicious! If you are interested in seeing more pictures, please visit my devotional blog here.

I planned to ask for some of the recipes, but I didn't have to. My daughter opened up here program and almost all of the recipes were printed inside. It's as if the sweet ladies of the Northwest church of Christ knew we were going to want all of those recipes! (I'm pretty sure that's because we usually ask for great recipes, don't you???). So, I'll be sharing these recipes with you in the next few weeks.

Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad
(Pictured on left side of plate in above photo)

Toss together:
Romaine lettuce, baby spinach, and other greens (as desired)
Fresh strawberries, quartered
Blueberries
Mandarin oranges
Pineapple tidbits
Pecans

Durning House Poppy Seed Dressing:
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cups vegetable oil
2/3 cup white vinegar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
4 tablespoons poppy seeds
3 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons minced onion

Combine sugar, oil, and vinegar.  Heat in microwave until sugar dissolves.  Pour mixture into blender and add remaining dry ingredients.  Blend well.  Store in refrigerator.  Yield:  4 cups.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover