Friday, July 23, 2010

Crispy Oven Chicken

Posted by Donna:

Something really, really strange is happening at my house. Larry is eating chicken and actually complimenting it. Either it is very good, or he is very hungry and appreciates any homemade meal he gets!!!!!!! No, I really think I've found the solution of fixing chicken more often at our house. This is just another version of a baked chicken. Most oven baked chicken recipes are pretty similar, but have been tweaked just a little. Larry wanted to know what the crust was on this because he thought it had a really good taste. If you have the same problem at your house, maybe this recipe will help. This recipe came from a guest contributor in a "Cooking with Paula Deen " magazine. I love trying out new versions of recipes--even if they are "tweaked" just a bit. I like to do my own tweaking as well.


Crispy Oven Chicken


1/2 cup all-prupose flour

2 eggs

1/4 cup whole mild

1 cup Panko

1 cup crushed potato chips

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp. salt

2 chicken breasts (the recipe calls for a whole chicken cut up, but I always use chicken breasts.)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil that has been sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, place the flour. In a separate dish, whisk the eggs and milk together. In a third dish, combine the Panko crumbs, potato chips, salt, and cheese.
Dip the chicken in the flour. Shake off the excess flour. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture--then in the crumb/potato chip/cheese mixture.

Place the chicken in the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
I really think the next time I use this recipe, I'll omit the Panko crumbs and just do the chips. I love coating things with chips. It may not be the healthiest thing to do, but it sure adds to the taste.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover