Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mom's Baked Beans

Posted by Kimberly:


Anytime we cookout out hamburgers in our family, you can almost bet that we will have baked beans. I have always loved Mom's baked beans, so several years ago I asked her for her recipe. Well, she didn't really have measurements, but since I HAVE to have measurements when I cook, I made her guesstimate how much she used of each ingredient. :)


Baked Beans


5 cans Pork n' Beans

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp. mustard

1/4 cup ketchup

1/2 yellow onion chopped

1 bell pepper chopped

dash of garlic powder

4 slices uncooked bacon


Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Lay bacon strips across beans. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.


Whenever we cookout at our house, I always make these and people love them. I think you will too!!!


P.S. Mom always tells people that Lori and I are better cooks than she is. Well.... who do you think taught us how to cook???!!!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover