Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Carrot Salad


Posted by Donna:


This is another salad I used to make when I was ambitious and cooked a lot!!!!!! I'm surprised I haven't already posted it. The hot summer days certainly make salads come to mind before anything else as far as I'm concerned.



Carrot Salad


2 lbs. carrots---cooked and drained

1 large green pepper---diced

1/2 or all of a large purple onion (personal taste)---diced

Mix one can tomato soup, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, 1 T. mustard, and salt (optional) and pepper to taste. Let set overnight.


As I was typing this, I realized how much the sugar/vinegar/oil mixture is used for so many vegetable/green salads recipes. The creator of this certainly came up with a good thing.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover