Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Taste of Britain: Baked Chips

Posted by Lori:
Some friends of ours are overseas doing mission work. Currently they are living in Morely-Leeds, England. Each month they send out a newsletter which includes a recipe they have tried over there. I am looking forward to trying each recipe and then sharing it with you!

Here's the first recipe:

BAKED CHIPS
4 baking potatoes, about 8 oz each
Vegetable oil for greasing (I used olive oil)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Black pepper
Vinegar

Clean and cut potatoes into wedges or slices as desired. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease cooking sheets with vegetable oil. Place wedges or slices on the sheet and sprinkle on the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes, turning/flipping halfway through to even crispiness. After baking sprinkled with desired amount of vinegar.

I made the Baked Chips and we all really enjoyed them. At the time I made them, I realized the recipe didn't specify what to do with the vinegar, so I didn't use it. But after getting instructions from the friend, she said to sprinkle it on afterwards. I look forward to trying them again and will try the vinegar, too! It's a keeper either way and makes a great side dish for many meals.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover