Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

Posted by Kimberly:

Each year I host a cookie swap in December. Two years ago, I was having a hard time finding a recipe, so I called my mom. She recommended these cookies. A lady she goes to church with had brought them to a church function, and everyone had a fit over them. So, I tried them for my cookie swap. They were good, and my husband loved them. Last year, my son entered these in his school's cookie cook-off, and he won first place in his grade level. Although these are not the prettiest cookie you've ever seen, they are delicious.

Pumpkin Cookies:

1 cup sugar
1 cup margarine, unmelted
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour

Cream sugar and margarine together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla. Lastly, add the dry ingredients. The batter will be more like a cake batter than a dough. Spoon the cookies onto a greased cookie sheet. (A cookie scoop makes this very easy.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Icing

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar


Melt the butter and sugar on top of the stove. Remove from heat and add the milk and powdered sugar. Let the icing cool somewhat to a thicker consistency. Do not add extra powdered sugar to thicken it, just let it cool. Spread on the cooled cookies.

With fall quickly approaching, these would be a great treat to serve at a party, take to someone, or just eat yourself!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover