Friday, August 21, 2009

Key West Chicken

Posted by Donna:
This recipe came to me via Facebook---orginally from allrecipes.com. You'll never know how glad I am to have this recipe. Chicken is never a choice when it comes to my husband. He's one of those beef lovers, as I think most husbands are. However, the first time I tried this, he didn't say anything negative about it. The next time I fixed it, he told me this was the best thing that ever happened to chicken!!!!!!! I wish I had stumbled across it years ago.

Key West Chicken

6 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally (Cutting each breast in half horizontally gives you a breast that's just the right thickness. Also, instead of buying four breasts, you're saving money by only buying two.)

Whisk the sauce, honey, oil, juice, and garlic together until well blended. Pour into a shallow container. Place the chicken breasts into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour. When you're ready to grill the chicken, discard the marinade and grill the chicken on each side until the juices run clear.

This is such a good marinade. I haven't tried it on anything else as of yet, but I do think it would be good on pork chops. I hope this recipe will also help you convince your "only beef" husband that this is the best thing that ever happened to chicken!!!!!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Ooh! Gonna have to try this one! I have a similar one without the lime that we love. What do you serve with it?

 
Pin It button on image hover