Friday, August 28, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie

Before it becomes hard to find good fresh peaches, I want to share my peach pie recipe. My mother always made this recipe; so naturally, it's the one I always make as well. You can use frozen peaches, but I prefer to use the fresh for the pie.

Fresh Peach Pie
Posted by Donna:

Slice 5 or 6 large fresh peeled peaches, enough to fill an unbaked pie crust

Mix together 2 cups sugar, 6 T. flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and 1/8 tsp. cloves.
Pour over the sliced peaches.
Put small dollops of butter on top of the peaches and sugar mixture.
Cover with the top unbaked pie crust. I always make a lattice topped crust. If you do a solid crust on top, be sure and cut slits in it.

Sprinkle sugar on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Be sure and have some vanilla ice cream on hand to put the finishing "yummy" touch on the pie!!!!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Lori said...

This is a favorite of mine, but especially of my husbands. We like it best with Mom's pie crust, too. You can find it under our June recipes...titled Chocolate Pie.

 
Pin It button on image hover