Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Peach Cobbler

I chose to post this recipe today because I'm hungry for it. I'm trying to stay off sweets for a while; so, I'm hoping that just reading the recipe and knowing how good it would have tasted will satisfy my craving for it. Most people prefer cobblers with a bottom pie crust and top pie crust. I like mine with the cake consistency.

Peach Cobbler
Posted by Donna:

6 T. margarine
2 cups sugar ( l cup for the batter and 1 cup for the peaches)
3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 cups frozen or fresh peaches ( cut in bite sized pieces)

Melt the margarine in an 8 x8 glass dish. Mix the 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk together and pour over the melted margarine. Do not stir.
Mix the remaining 1 cup sugar with the peaches. Add them on top of the other ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

If I use frozen peaches, I put them in a colander, then run water over them and let them drain while I melt the margarine and mix the other ingredients. Right before I add them, I add my 1 cup of sugar to them.

When I double this recipe, I always add about a tsp. of cornstarch to the batter. Of course, you and I know that cobbler has to have ice cream on top.

Well, posting this recipe has not curbed my craving for it. I'm sure we'll be enjoying it tonight for supper!!!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover