Friday, August 14, 2009

Milk Chocolate Smoothie

I've shared with you how I love chocolate. Up until a few years ago, one of my favorite things to enjoy was a chocolate malt. However, after drinking one on one particular day, I became very, very sick. That's when I discovered I was lactose intolerant. After several incidences, I had to stop drinking milk. Before this, I could drink three or four glasses of milk a day. Here recently, I have started to drink Lactaid fat free milk, but not in big amounts, or very often. My system just can't handle it. However, when my younger daughter was here this summer, she was making her smoothie that she posted earlier, and I began to miss my chocolate malts. I decided to drink my Lactaid milk with chocolate Carnation instant breakfast in it. There on the package of the instant breakfast was a recipe for a smoothie. I had never noticed it before. My life changed from that instant. I have enjoyed a version of a Chocolate Malt ever since. It doesn't require very much milk, and it is such a satisfying treat. Of course, you can use whole milk, but for us "lactose" intolerant people, or for those of us who are on cholesterol medicine, this is a great way to satisfy our sweet tooth without feeling guilty.

Milk Chocolate Smoothie
Posted by Donna:

3/4 cup lactaid fat free milk
1/2 cup ice cubes
1 packet Rich Milk Chocolate Flavor Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials

Place milk, instant breakfast powder, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.

Not only are you getting to enjoy a great treat, you're also getting lots of nutrients. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than having a chocolate malt or milkshake.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover