Monday, August 17, 2009

Broccoli Fettuccini


Posted by Kimberly

We like to grill chicken a lot at our house and then use the leftovers in a different dish the next night. I have been in a rut for several weeks now and have been using the extra chicken the same way -- in fajitas. This weekend, though, I happened to think of my recipe for broccoli fettuccini. I used to make this dish a lot, and my kids would all eat it. I do not know why I hadn't thought about it in so long. When my kids found out that I was making it for supper, you would've thought by their reaction that we were having brownie ice cream sundaes! They were so pleased and excited with this meal that I am going to fix it again next Monday to celebrate their surviving their first day of school.

Broccoli Fettuccini

1 lb. whole wheat fettuccini
4 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup olive oil
1 stick butter
Pinch of red pepper flakes
5-6 garlic cloves
1 cup parmesan

Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drop in broccoli and cook pasta and broccoli 5-8 minutes longer. Drain water.

While pasta is cooking, saute oil, butter, garlic, and pepper for 1-2 minutes. Do not let garlic brown. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over pasta and toss. Serve immediately.

I cut up my leftover chicken and added it before I poured the sauce over the top. I also heated the chicken in the microwave since it wouldn't really have a chance to get warm.

This makes a lot, so the kids had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Oh, and they were still excited about it!!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover