Thursday, September 29, 2011

Untraditional Rolls with Roast and Gravy

One day in August I had made great supper plans:  roast, carrots, potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, gravy, and rolls.  I just use the Rhodes brand frozen rolls, but about half-way through the afternoon, I realized I had forgotten to set them out!  Thanks to our many, many days of over 100 degree weather, I figured covering the frozen bread and putting it out in the garage would have them rising up in no time.

Well, my plan did work, but the planner didn't work.  She (ME) forgot about those rolls until it was time to bake them!  (OOPS!)  And, when my son, Zachary went out to get them and take of the lid for me, he said, "Mom....I don't think you're going to be very happy!"  Well, I wasn't too happy, but figured what was done, was done, so we baked them.....or I guess I should say we baked 'IT'....since it was just one big thing of dough!
Since it wasn't traditional in shape, we did something untraditional with the serving of the bread.  We made it into an open-faced sandwich with the roast and gravy.  And, guess what?  It was deeee-licious!  Hummmm.....maybe I'll forget the rolls and let them rise too much again?  However, I can do without the over 100 degrees for many, many days for a long time (forever would be okay!).
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover