Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cherry Egg Rolls

Posted by Lori....Made by Zachary :)

When my daughter and I were at Epcot a few weeks ago, we ate apple egg rolls at "China" in the World Showcase.  They were delicious!

Yesterday I suggested that my son should try to make fruit egg rolls.  We only had cherry pie filling in the pantry, but he took me up on the offer!  They aren't the prettiest egg rolls ever, but they sure tasted good!  Zachary baked his egg rolls and said that he didn't do a good job of rolling them up, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to roll them up anyway, with the syrup filling.  (Maybe adding canned cherries to the mixture would help?) Anyway, they tasted great and I told Zachary I would give him the credit when I shared them with you!

Cherry Egg Rolls

12 egg roll wrappers
1 can cherry (peach, apple) pie filling
Butter, melted
Cinnamon/sugar mixture

Lightly grease baking pan.  Lay out egg roll wrappers and spoon pie filling down the middle.  Roll up wrappers according to package directions.  Lightly brush egg rolls with butter and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.  Bake for 10 - 12 minutes (I think Zachary could have baked his longer than that.).
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So now I'm wondering what the nutrition information might be for a baked egg roll wrapper!

Unknown said...

The package says for 3 wrappers....170 calories, 1 gram sugar, 1 gram fiber, and .5 fat. Not bad considering most would only eat one.

 
Pin It button on image hover