Monday, September 5, 2011

Salmon Loaf

Posted by Donna:


My aunt came over last week for a visit, and we ended up talking about food (imagine) and recipes. She began talking about the really good salmon loaf that she had fixed that was a recipe of my other aunt (her sister)---I don't know why I had never heard about this particular recipe before since salmon patties were always a staple at my house when I was growing up--and I still continue to make them. Also, both of these aunts are my mother's sisters and my mother never mentioned it. Anyway, I made this last week and just made it again for us this week. If you're a salmon patty lover, then you'll definitely like this.

Salmon Loaf

1 (18 oz.) can salmon, drained
1 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup dry bread crumbs ( I used cracker crumbs instead)
3 T. melted butter or margarine
1 T.lemon juice
1/8 tsp. pepper ( I didn't measure this, never do--just do to your liking.)

Mix all the ingredients together. Bake in a well-greased baking dish at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

My aunt wrote to cut this into fingers--which would be pretty to do and serve on a lettuce leaf.

I think onions could be added to this if you choose, and I also think it would be good with crushed potato chips on top. This recipe could be "played with" a lot. Pin It Now!
 
Pin It button on image hover