Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Broccoli Cornbread

Posted by Donna:


This cornbread recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser. I’m sure there’s someone out there that doesn’t like it; but down here in Southwest Oklahoma, it’s considered “lip-smackin” good.

Broccoli Cornbread

4 eggs
2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix

Mix all ingredients together. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until browned on top.

It’s very hard to type this recipe without thoughts of pinto beans and fried potatoes coming to mind. Matter of fact, I just added it to my menu for next week!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone here love cornbread. But I will be honest, I have made different types or brands I should say but I have never added anything to eat. I should try this, since everyone likes broccli here also. Have a blessed day.

Erika

 
Pin It button on image hover