Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Decoration


Posted by Donna:

I had so much fun making this for my front door this weekend. I'm not a great decorator, but I get such an enjoyment doing things like this---it's a lot of self satisfaction. Of course, a lot of it, too, is that I can't go out and buy everything I see--I have to make a lot of things myself, but I do love doing it. I should have been cleaning my house, but things like this are so much more fun!!!!! I knew my "dirt" would still be there.


To make this, I sewed a long pocket out of burlap--then folded the top over to make a flap. I probably should have used orange, yellow, and purple for the greenery, but I really liked these "sprigs" from Hobby Lobby. I think the brighter colors would have shown up more from the street, but these look good from the front porch. The netting is a dark purple-y brown that matches the darker sprigs. Larry had to help me get the wire secured the right way. What would we do without our husbands?


Happy Fall!!!!!! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I just got some burlap too! Who knew that stuff would come back into style? I remember it was the main bulletin board background at church in the 70's. Cute decoration!

Donna said...

Thanks!!! I've seen burlap used as tablecloths, stenciled pillows, runners, bows tied around planters--just all sorts of ways. What are you going to do with your burlap?

 
Pin It button on image hover