Thursday, September 23, 2010

Honey Pecan Crusted Chicken

Posted by Lori:


A few months ago I bought some pecan meal at a neat little shop in Chillicothe, Texas.  My plan was to use it for something really neat.  Problem is, I forgot about it until Tuesday afternoon.

So, my children were really hungry after school that day.  They kept asking what was for supper.  I wasn't sure, but had some frozen chicken breasts (I defrosted them) and started thinking in that direction.  Using several different online recipes, I made this new dish.   It was really good!  Even my children liked it and they don't care for pecans in dishes - just like munching on them alone.

Honey Pecan Crusted Chicken

2 1/2 pounds (I used 8 boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons milk
Approx. 2 cups pecan meal (or finely chopped pecans)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brush olive oil into shallow baking dish (I used a stoneware dish, but a 10 x 15 x 1 inch jelly roll pan would be great, too.) In shallow dish (a pie plate works great), whisk together eggs, honey and milk.  Place pecans in another shallow dish or plate.  Dip chicken breasts into egg mixture and then into pecans...coating as desired (some of my family thought I did the pecan coating too thick, but others liked it as it was.  We all have different opinions, you know? :)

Bake chicken for 30 minutes then turn over and bake about 20 minutes longer (or until chicken is no longer pink).

One of my children put ketchup on the chicken, which seemed gross to me.  We don't really care for honey mustard sauces, but some of you might like something like that with this chicken.  It was plenty moist without any dips.  Very tasty!! Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover