Monday, September 6, 2010

Baked Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

Posted by Donna:

These are good to serve in the place of sopaipillas---not as mouthwatering, but still very good.
If you like cinnamon and sugar, they also could be a good "anytime" snack.

Baked Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I don't like a strong cinnamon taste; so I opt for less.)
3 T. butter, melted
This is for 4 flour tortillas.


In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Brush tortillas with melted butter. Then sprinkle with 1 T. of sugar mixture. Cut each tortilla in 8 triangles. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the torillas sugar side up on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp. I had to bake mine 12 minutes. A lot of recipes tell you to fry these. I just didn't want the grease issue.

I really like these---Larry, on the other hand, thought they were too dry for his taste. I'm sure had I drizzled just a little honey on these, he would like them!!!!! I loved the crunchiness of them. A plus is that cinnamon has a health benefit in that it lowers cholesterol.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover