Monday, September 27, 2010

Creamed Crock Pot Corn

Posted by Lori:

I bought a neat little cookbook last week.  There are several recipes I am looking forward to trying.  Today for a noon meal at our church fellowship building, I made this Creamed Crock Pot Corn.  It caught my eye because of the fact it was cooked in the crock pot. 

I liked the creamed corn, but wasn't sure that I would make it again because no one else in my family likes cream cheese.  I just took it to a church dinner to try something new.  However, when we got home, my two oldest children said that they did eat it and that they both would eat it again, so I was really pleased!  My son thought I should add some "spice" such as a can of green chilies.  I would rather have it plain, myself.  But, the fact that it's a simple and easy side dish makes it a keeper.  And, the fact that it's really tasty makes it even better!

Creamed Crock Pot Corn

1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
A few shakes of the pepper shaker.

Place all ingredients into the crock pot.  Cook on low heat for 2 hours.  Stir and serve.

The original recipe didn't list the amount of salt, sugar, garlic powder and pepper to use.  This is my preference.  You might prefer more or less of something.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover