Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Avocado Potato Salad

Posted by Lori:

Yesterday at a church potluck luncheon one of the ladies brought this Avocado Potato Salad.  Although my husband, parents, sister and her family like avocados, I typically don't.  I've tried to get more used to it because it's a healthy fat type of food.  I don't seem to have any trouble liking the non-healthy fat-type foods, so it's a challenge for me.

I decided to try a bite of this dish.  It was great!  I even asked for the recipe so that I could share it with my mom, sister, and all of YOU.  If you like avocados, I'm certain you'll be wanting to try this unique potato salad.  Let me know what you think so that I can pass on the word to the sweet lady who shared her recipe with all of us.

AVOCADO POTATO SALAD

2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
6 green onions, thinly sliced
2 medium ripe avocados, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon snipped chives

Please potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 - 20 minutes until tender.  Drain water and cool.

In large bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, and green onions.  For dressing, in a food processor, combine ONE avocado and remaining ingredients - except chives.  Process until well blended.  Stir in the chives.  Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.  Cube remaining avocado; gently stir into potato salad. 

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yum. Of course, I love avocados. Ate the rest of that Avocado-citrus salad my aunt brought Sat. night.

 
Pin It button on image hover