Thursday, August 19, 2010

Morning Sunrise Punch

Posted by Lori:
Yesterday, on the last day of summer vacation, I took the kids for a picnic breakfast at our nearby Sonic Drive In.  They ordered their food, but also decided to order their "Sonic Sunrise" drink.  All four of the kids liked it.

Today was the first day of school and usually on this day I fix them a special after-school snack.  However, today I also had a funeral to attend and needed to make a cake for the funeral meal, so I didn't have time to make a special snack.  I thought about the "Sunrise" drink and then thought about the Cherry Limeade recipe mom posted last week.  This recipe for Morning Sunrise Punch is a close match to Sonic's drink (so my children say!).  I haven't had the one at Sonic, but I drank several cupfuls of our homemade version.

Morning Sunrise Punch
1  (25.3 ounce) bottle lime flavored sparkling water (the one I found was Perrier brand)
1 (20 ounce) bottle Sprite (or other lemon-lime soda)
10 ounce jar of maraschino cherries and juice
3 cups orange juice
3 limes (use 2 for juice and 1 for garnish)
2/3 cup sugar

Mix all ingredients together in large pitcher.  Stir until sugar dissolves. Add crushed ice as desired. Serve with lime garnish (or could slice and float in punch). Refrigerate any left-over punch.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover