Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chocolate-Banana Tortillas

Posted by Lori:
At the beginning of each new school year, I begin looking for new after-school snack ideas.  I'll make several new things for a few weeks just to make the beginning of school seem more fun (because none of my four children are ever excited about starting!).

I found this recipe on parenting.com.  It sounds interesting, and I'm sure that many of you will have children or grandchildren that would like them.  I'm not sure mine would, but I may try it next week.  If you try it, let me know what you think!

Chocolate Banana Tortillas

Pat of butter
One banana, thinly sliced
Handful chocolate chips
Two flour tortillas
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Melt butter in nonstick pan. Arrange banana slices over one tortilla and mash them in very lightly with a fork. Dot with chocolate chips and place second tortilla on top. Slide into frying pan and cook for a few minutes on each side, until brown and golden at the edges. Let cool for a minute or two, then slice into wedges and serve dusted with powdered sugar, if desired.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover