Monday, August 9, 2010

Ice Cream Cone Cakes

Posted by Donna:

When I taught school, this is a treat I would sometimes make for my students----just for fun.
I made them a couple of years ago for some of my grandchildren when they were visiting.
It's just a fun twist on cupcakes.

1 box white cake mix (or any flavor of your choice)
24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
Butter cream frosting (homemade or store-bought)


Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Make the cake batter as directed on the box. Fill each cone with the cake batter--probably about 3/4 full. Very carefully place the cones on a cookie sheet.

Bake about 15 - 20 minutes. Cool completely-----then frost. If desired, add any assortment of sprinkles or candy to the frosting.

This is a fun treat for birthday parties.




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I have made these a couple of times and I think the hardest part was not letting them fall over! Someone else I knew put them in a muffin tin but that didn't really help that much! Still, it's a cute presentation!

 
Pin It button on image hover