Friday, August 13, 2010

Morning Orange Drink

Posted by Donna:



Well, I must say this certainly hit the spot the other morning for breakfast. I'm at the age where your pill box increases somewhat, and one of the medicine bottles has a label that says to drink orange juice or eat a banana every day while taking the medication. I love orange juice, but I'm wimpy and can't handle too much of the acid---same with bananas. Anyway, I've tried to find a solution to this and I think I've found it. I've had this recipe stored away and found it again last week. It is a good drink to start off the day.


Morning Orange Drink


1 can (6 oz.) frozen juice concentrate

1 cup cold water

1 cup milk

1/3 cup sugar ( I didn't put this much)

1/2 tsp. vanilla

10 ice cubes


Combine the first five ingredients in a blender; process at high speed. Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until smooth. Serve immediately.

The only problem with this drink is that you do have to serve it immediately. Otherwise, the "froth" goes away. It's such a quick drink to make and above all , it tastes great and it's healthy.
I got this recipe out of an old Taste of Home magazine. I've got so many recipes torn out of magazines--I'm not sure I'll ever get around to making them all. Probably not!!!!!!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover