Monday, August 2, 2010

Cute as a Button Cookies

Posted by Donna:

This isn't a recipe, but an idea to use for baby showers---or to take to first time parents.

Use your favorite cookie recipe--( I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe.).

Bake as usual. As soon as the cookies are out of the oven and soft, take a straw and poke four holes in the cookies. Position the holes as "button holes" would be on a button.

After the cookies have cooled, place them in a cute container and attach a card that says: "Congratulations on your new addition that's "Cute as a Button."

When I took these to a baby shower, I put them in a turquoise/ blue bucket---hung a yellow duck on the handle, and wrote my congratulations on it. I chose the blue and the duck because that was the color used and the theme of the shower.

The new parents enjoyed them as well. I didn't ice my cookies. I guess you could. They do look cute, though, shaped liked the buttons. I'm now sure where I got this idea. I'm sure I saw it in a magazine---it's been way too many years since I first did this.

I do hope this is a new idea that you might want to use sometime in the future.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I've never heard of that! Cute!

 
Pin It button on image hover