Friday, August 20, 2010

Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas

Posted by Kimberly:

Yesterday, I was trying to think of something quick, easy, and different to do with leftover grilled chicken. So while my husband was home for lunch, I threw out this idea to him to see if he was interested in it for supper. He jumped on it, I'm sure because I tend to get in ruts and do the same things over and over again. I'm not a huge pineapple fan by itself, but put it on a pizza or in other savory dishes and I love it!

Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Canned, sliced pineapple
Whole wheat flour tortillas
Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Butter
Salt, pepper, and/or other preferred seasoning for chicken

Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you prefer such as cumin, cayenne pepper, etc. Grill chicken breasts and sliced pineapple. (My husband coated the grill with cooking spray when grilling the pineapple.) Cut chicken into strips and pineapple slices in half and set aside.

Heat pan on stove. Butter one side of tortilla and place in pan. Sprinkle some cheese on tortilla, then add a few strips of chicken, five half-slices of pineapple, and then more cheese. Top with another tortilla that has been buttered on the outside. When the first side of the quesadilla is browned, flip it over and brown the other side.

These were really good, and I am already ready to fix them again. My husband had me sprinkle some "Slap Your Mama" seasoning on his before I added the top tortilla and he thought it tasted really good. I liked mine just the way it was. I am thinking about adding grilled onions to them next time and possibly substituting Pepper Jack cheese. My mouth is watering already..... Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover