Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to School Breakfast Ideas

Posted by Lori:

Every year, on the first day of school, our PTO provides breakfast for the school.  We are a small school, with three main buildings for grades K-12 all on one campus, so the breakfast is taken to those three places.  This year I had many who volunteered to help with the breakfast!  The teachers and staff are always very appreciative of the meal and snack on it during the day, as well.

The PTO also serves breakfast at the end of school, during Teacher Appreciation Week.

I thought I would share with you some of the items I have made in the past for the meal.  This year I just handled the parfaits because my oven element was out!  Not great timing, but better than Thanksgiving when it went out before :).

Breakfast Pizza
Back to School Breakfast Dish
Bisquick Breakfast Pizza
Cinnamon Biscuit Muffins
Very Berry Breakfast Parfait
J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits
Breakfast Muffin Cups

Other items that are often brought for the meal: donuts, cinnamon rolls, muffins, juice, fruit.

I thought I had posted another parfait, but apparently haven't yet.  Layer vanilla yogurt, granola (our Walmart stores sell a Canadian Valley Honey & Oat granola that is great), blueberries, and strawberries.  It is a favorite of the teachers, and I actually just tried to copy the yogurt parfaits that McDonald's sells.

The breakfast casseroles are also something I usually make for my own children on the first day back to school.  It's not something I want them to eat all of the time, but just ever so often as a special morning treat to tie them over until lunch time.

What do you serve for "Back to School"?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover