Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bisquick Breakfast Pizza

Posted by Lori:

Breakfast Pizza is one of my children's favorite breakfasts.  I made this one during the summer, using a Bisquick crust and serving it with gravy.  Everyone really liked it and I was going to post it, but lost my scribbled note! 

Yesterday morning I decided to make it again so that I could post it.  I again wrote down what amounts of ingredients I used.  Would you believe that while the kiddos were eating I found the other note?  It was on the cabinet!  I knew I had just seen it, but couldn't remember where!  Anyway, I did everything the same except used more Bisquick yesterday.  So, if you want a thicker crust, feel free to use more! I have a whole wheat biscuit mix that I'm planning to try with this recipe, just to make it a bit more healthy.

BISQUICK BREAKFAST PIZZA

Crust:
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk

Mix Bisquick and milk together in mixing bowl until well blended.  Press dough into 10 x 15 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.

Scrambled eggs:
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
8 eggs
1/4 cup milk
4 dashes salt
Pepper if desired
1 pound ground sausage
2 1/2 - 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 or 2 packets gravy mix, prepared per package directions

In medium skillet, over medium heat, melt butter.  Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt. Pour into skillet. Scramble eggs while gently stirring them apart with a wooden or plastic spoon or scraper fairly frequently. In separated skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat, breaking apart with utensil.

Top uncooked crust with scrambled eggs and sausage.  Top with cheddar cheese.  Bake in 450 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until crust edges begin to brown and cheese is melted.

Serve with gravy.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

yum. Remind me to tell you about our meals we ate on the llama trek!

 
Pin It button on image hover