Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Crisp

Posted by Donna:

I really don't like posting recipes that I haven't made; but, since I probably won't get this made before Thanksgiving, I wanted to go ahead and share it with you in case you wanted it as part of your menu. I've eaten it--just haven't made it yet. A very good friend of mine brought it to our home when we had a group from church over after services. I really, really liked it.


Pumpkin Crisp

1 (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together and put in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle butter flavored (yellow) cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix. Drizzle 1 cup melted butter over the pecans.

Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour or 1 hour and 5 minutes. My friend topped each piece with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg as she served it.

I've was never a huge pumpkin fan, but this is the recipe that got me interested in pumpkin recipes.










Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

don't know if I've had that one but it sounds good!

 
Pin It button on image hover