Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Potato Casserole

Posted by Donna:


I love potato casseroles, but for some reason I don't fix them that often. I get hung up on the easy way out and do mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. However, when I do take the time to do the casserole, this is the recipe I use. A teacher friend shared this with me many years ago.

Potato Casserole

1 two-pound bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pt. sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
salt and pepper

Mix together and pour in a long, oblong greased casserole dish.

Mix crushed Corn Flakes with more melted butter and sprinkle on the top of the potato mixture.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jennifer C. said...

So yummy! Had this for dinner tonight. I'm so glad there is left overs of this!

Lori said...

Jennifer - Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the casserole! We appreciate you taking the time to comment. The 3 Cherry Cokes

 
Pin It button on image hover