Thursday, October 21, 2010

Easy Bake Pound Cake

Posted by Donna:

I recently found my old pound cake recipe I used to make. I can't tell you how good this really is. After making it, I took some over to some friends of ours. They loved it. Last night at church, she said her husband kept commenting on how much he liked it. Of course, he told me he thought that was the best cornbread!!!!!! He's a mess---but a sweet mess. I had this recipe written on the back of an old 1983 calendar; so, I'm not sure where I found it.



Easy Bake Pound Cake


1 Betty Crocker pound cake mix


1 small box of vanilla pudding (I didn't use the instant)


4 eggs, well beaten


1/2 cup Wesson oil


1 cup (8oz.) sour cream


1/2 tsp. vanilla



Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.

Before mixing all the ingredients together, grease a bundt pan; then sprinkle it with a sugar/cinnamon mixture. ( I always do this to my liking. I don't use a recipe. Just judge it to your taste. I like just a hint of cinnamon---just enough to know it's there, but not strong.)

Mix all the ingredients together. I always beat my batter for at least three minutes.

Pour into the sugar/cinnamon coated bundt pan and sprinkle the top of the cake batter with more of the sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Bake for 45 minutes. Do not over cook. Let the cake cool for about 10 - 15 minutes then turn out on a dish or platter.















Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover