Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mexican Pizza

Posted by Donna:

Last night was one of those nights where Larry and I neither one knew for sure what we wanted to eat. Nothing really sounded very good. He decided to settle for a frito pie. I decided to do me a personal single serving of a Mexican Pizza. The recipe below is for at least 8 servings. Of course, I had to minimize mine a lot. I'm not sure where I came up with this. I've had it written on a loose piece of paper.

Mexican Pizza

10 inch flour tortillas (I always use corn for myself. It's just a matter of preference)

1 cup salsa or taco sauce ( I chose taco sauce for mine.)

Chopped red onion

Grated cheese ( I used sharp cheddar; but, a Mexican blend of cheeses would be great.)

Guacamole

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Top each tortilla with salsa/taco sauce, onion and cheese. Place on a baking sheet for about 10 - 15 minutes---just until the cheese melts.

Remove and top with guacomole.

My single serving of this was so satisfying. It really hit the spot. I have lots of times when I really don't know what I want and nothing sounds too great. It's pretty healthy, actually. I could eat it again tonight and it wouldn't bother me in the least bit.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover